“I always knew I was going to be rich.
I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute”
– Warren Buffett
I have always been a fan of Warren Buffett, one of the most successful investor of all times. His net worth is currently estimated at $73.4 billion.
Following are some very interest aspects of his life:
1. He brought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
Things were very cheap that time
Encourage your children to invest
2. He brought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
One could have brought many things with little savings
Encourage your children to start some kind of business
3. He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid town Omaha, that he brought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
Don’t buy more than what you ‘really need’ and encourage your children to do and think the same
4. He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
You are what you are
5. He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world’s largest private jet company.
Always think how you can accomplish things economically
6. His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
Assign the right people to the right jobs
7. He have given his CEO’s only two rules.
Rule number 1: Do not lose any of your share holder’s money.
Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1.
Set goals and make sure people focus on them
8. He does not socialise with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch Television.
Don’t try to show off, just be yourself and do what you enjoy doing
9. Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
10. Bill Gates, the world’s richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
10. His advice to young people:
‘Stay away from credit cards (bank loans) and invest in yourself and Remember:
- Money doesn’t create man but it is the man who created money.
- Live your life as simple as you are.
- Don’t do what others say, just listen them, but do what you feel good.
- Don’t go on brand name; just wear those things in which you feel comfortable.
- Don’t waste your money on unnecessary things; just spend them on who really in need rather.
- After all it’s your life then why give chance to others to rule our life.